The Complete Product Management Course (Online and Self-paced)
Become a 10X Better Product Leader.Product Management is a growing field that is essential to the success of tech products in every industry. Smart product management can be the difference between dominating the market and being crushed by the competition. It is, however, a fact that many who look to enter this field are overwhelmed with information or confused with which direction to take. As a somewhat nascent field, these challenges are to be expected. Hence, we at NextBigWhat have assembled a crack team of experts and put together an intricately designed course to help put you in the driver’s seat armed with all that you will need to begin your own Product Management success story.
By the end of this course, you will learn to evaluate ideas, use practical frameworks to understand your users, create MVP releases, learn to create powerful GTM plan and various tools you can use. In essence, you will decode the art and science of building great products.
Plus, the course will help you unlock new opportunities – right from job placement to networking with inspiring product leaders We work with several companies to help them hire product leaders across different positions.
Learn from world class product leaders An online course backed by a strong community, ensuring that you don’t learn alone. Plus, we offer you learning from 15+ product leaders, ensuring that we bring to you multiple perspectives which will help you get holistic knowledge.
Mentorship and Career Upgrade Your journey of becoming a great leader starts with us. You get exclusive access to our pool of mentors who will guide you in your queries related to your career.
Certificate You will receive a Product Management certificate upon completion of the course. The NextBigWhat certification is recognized by several top tier product companies and will help you build a better brand for yourself.
Community You will be part of the ProductGeeks community and apart from access to regular AMAs, you will also get discounted access to our amazing conferences and content – a continuous engagement which will help you become a 10X better leader.
40 Hours of commitment needed.
Self-paced. Real world Driven. Access to course material for 1 year.
Sessions Begin October 20th.
One-on-one mentorship session with instructor every week.
Kavindra JoshiSenior PM, Oracle
The Right Mix of Framework Thinking & Hustle
Course TopicsOur Product Management course, designed in consultation with the best product minds drives deep #ProductThinking and helps you become 10X better product leader. We follow ‘first principle’ approach to product management – i.e. we drive foundational thinking towards product and most importantly, our course is extremely actionable – you will start to use this immediately in your current product or if you are on the lookout, will help you grab a better opportunity!
Define Product Management Role
How to achieve product market fit, build an MVP
Customer Development Framework
Design Thinking for Product Managers
Creating a Powerful GTM Plan
Learn the Product Management Drill
The Product Tools
Becoming a 10X Better Product Leader
Preparing for a PM Interview
Amit SamantProduct Manager
Aditya NarayanaPrincipal Product Manager
The Program Details
- Course Starts October 20th.
- This is a self-paced online course.
- There are 8 core modules and each module is of between 3-4 hours.
- The course is assignment driven: The session ends with an exercise which is compulsory for you to work on. The next module unlocks “only” when your assignment has been reviewed by instructors.
- Course sessions unlock only after you the previous assignment has been submitted and reviewed by the faculty. Be assured that you will get a lot of feedback and suggestions on home assignments.
- Home assignments will take an average of 2-3 hours per week.
- You can take the sessions at your comfort (ideally we would expect you to complete the course in 8-12 weeks).
- Job assistance: We will help you identify the right set of companies to apply for and help you prepare for the interviews.
- Mentorship / Networking support: Anytime you need, the instructor will be there for you to answer your queries.
I am not too sure about an online course..
What about job placement
Will I get a product management certificate?
Is there an EMI option available?
I have a question
What if I miss a class?
How is the course curriculum covered?
How will I communicate with the tutor?
What is the turnaround time for assignments?
Who is this course for?
The Course is Ideally For You, If:
- You have an experience with software development life cycle, even though you have no experience with PM role.
- You have been performing the PM role, but never had the time to go through a formal training in the PM function.
- You have been involved in either engineering, design, support, marketing or (pre) sales role and have a keen interest in moving to product role.
- Even if you don’t have experience in PM role, you are deeply interested in learning the nuts and bolts of product management function.
The course is priced at Rs. 75,000 (+tax), but the ones who are availing the 2018 pricing will get it for Rs. 35,400 (including tax).
- Lectures 68
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 40 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 20
- Assessments Yes
DEFINE THE PRODUCT MANAGEMENT ROLE
How does the role intersects with others in the organisation. If you are transitioning from engineering or marketing to Product Management role, we help you discover what you need to unlearn and learn.
- Session 1 – Introduction
- Session 1.1 – Course Outline
- Session 1.2 – Why Do We Need Product Management Function
- Section 1.3 – Defining The Product Management Role
- Section 1.4 – Identifying The Attributes Of A 10X Product Manager
- Section 1.5 – Transitioning To Product Management
- Section 1.6 – Secrets Of A 10X Product Manager
- Ashish Tulsian on Rethinking Product and Market.
PRODUCT-MARKET FIT AND BEYOND
- Session 2: Intro and Objective
- Why Products Fail
- Session 2: Class Exercise 1
- Product Market Fit : An Introduction
- Session 2: Class Exercise 2
- Understanding Market Dynamics
- Product Market Fit : Signs
- Product Market Fit in B2C Context
- Product Market Fit: UrbanLadder Interview
- Product Market Fit in B2B Context (Boomerang Commerce)
- Product Market Fit: Minjar Interview
- Session 2: Class Exercise 3
- Market Winners: Common Attributes
- Home Assignment
- Recap and Objective.
- More and Paradox of Choice
- The Jam Study (in 2017) by BBC
- Class Exercise: Paradox of choice
- The IO.IF Approach
- Class Exercise: Question you will start with?
- Why customers do what they do
- Understanding Jobs of a customer
- Big B Ad
- Jobs to be Done Fundamentals
- Why is fireman called a fireman
- How Jeff Bezos practices JTBD
- JTBD – How do you go about it?
- The milk shake story
- Class Exercise: Why were people buying milkshakes?
- JTBD Story format and different components
- Customer and their motivations
- Guest Talk: Rajiv Srivatsa, CPTO & Cofounder, UrbanLadder
- Guest Talk, Deepa Bachu, CEO & Cofounder, Pensaar
- Assignment Review / Feedback
- Home Assignment
GTM AND MOST COMMON PRODUCT MISTAKES
- Intro, Recap & Objective
- Understanding MVP
- Session 4: Understanding Competition, truly, deeply, madly.
- Designing Product Personas
- Guest Talk: Jonathan Bill (Creditmate)
- Guest Talk: Abhishek Madhavan
- Home Assignment #1 : Detailed persona of your product customer and JTBD of those personas
- Home Assignment #2: Detailed persona of your product customer and JTBD of those personas
- Home Assignment #3: Detailed persona of your product customer and JTBD of those personas
Design Thinking for Product Managers & Customer Development Fundamentals
GTM and Most Common Product Mistakes
BECOMING A BRILLIANT PRODUCT LEADER.
THE Product Management DRILL